Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Introduction

In search of Independence,
in search of Liberty,
I've found everything
I'll ever always need.
You're so crazy!
I couldn't escape it if i wanted to!
We're sorry we took it over;
like you ever wanted to?
Its the twisted pretzel logic
that makes us cracked
like the Liberty Bell.
Have you ever been to the city of hell?
Are you down with the sound
of this devil town?
My diagnosis...
Philadelphiapsychosis!
I found my soul
in the hard grey concrete,
I found my soul
in the partners like Nopemeak
I found my soul
in the junkietalkdopespeak
But who would have thought
I'd kill you all right now?


____________________________


Philadelphia. A dot on the world in the middle of NYC and Washington DC, 2 Meccas of Punk Rock & Hardcore. Both have lots of history into the origins of Punk and how it transitioned into Hardcore. Philly always rode on the coat tales of both of these cities when it came to having an active influential scene. in the 1980's we had bands like the Pagan Babies & Ruin. I was just a kid back then and i didn't really know about these bands till i got older. I grew up 30 min from philly, but always went to shows at City Gardens & Unisound. Philly had the occasional show at Revival I went to at the start of the 90's. This was my introduction to the city. I was still a South Jersey kid came here maybe once every 4 months for a show. Little did I know at that point that Philadelphia would become a huge part of who I am in later years. 

This Blog is about just that. Philadelphia and my perception & involvement. How it turned me into the person i am today. People & bands that influenced me.  This will be a long random story. I'm not going to set any ground rules here. Im just going to talk about whatever i want to.  It will involve philly & its unsaid history .....thats about it. 

I called it Philapsychosis because Ink & Dagger were a huge start to where we all are now. The song shows a shadow of the craziness that Philly holds. 



2 comments:

AP said...

Cheeks, holler at me , I wanna buy those photos
T.Pops!

Great blog.

steve h said...

oh yeah!!!!!!!!